- K and 1st Grade: Shabbat or Sunday only (Register here)
- 2nd – 7th Grades: Sunday and Wednesday OR Saturday and Wednesday (Register here)
- 2nd – 7th Grades: All 3 days for an additional fee (Register here)
- enjoy the beauty and traditions of Shabbat
- make deeper connections with other Jewish youth and the larger congregational community
- learn in-depth Torah, Hebrew and prayer skills
Why Machaneh Shai on Shabbat?
The educational programs at Shearith Israel serve to develop the creativity, character, Jewish literacy and spiritual life of our students and encourage them to live deeply within the values of Judaism.
- To centralize Shabbat, bringing it back into people’s lives, and to reinvigorate Saturday mornings in the synagogue
- To help foster deeper connections for participants with the larger congregational community
- To be able to teach more in depth Torah, Hebrew and prayer skills to those who are looking for depth
- To expose families to the beauty and tradition of Shabbat in a community