Who We Are
With more than 200 members, the Shearith Israel Sisterhood is an active, rewarding group for women of all ages.
Sisterhood projects are fundamental to the ongoing success of the synagogue, and include supporting the religious school, assisting with children’s programming, delivering shiva meals to members in mourning, and sending notes to members during life cycle events.
In addition to its service to Shearith Israel, the Sisterhood has interesting and entertaining educational, social, and community service programs throughout the year for its members and their guests.
In the past Sisterhood has engaged with nationally-known authors, watched an award-winning film (and had a Q&A with the star), and the annual Sisterhood white-elephant Chanukah party.
For more information, please contact Susie Lazega at email@example.com.
Honey from the Heart
FREE shipping through July 29th*
It’s your involvement that makes us a truly special organization. Active membership in Sisterhood affords opportunities to meet and connect with others and to perform Mitzvot on behalf of the Congregation. With our programs we strive to provide enjoyment and foster friendship while strengthening our bonds to Judaism.
Sisterhood provides a variety of programs to our members such as:
• Kick off membership dinner
• Sisterhood Shabbat
• Book Club
• Theatre and Museum Outings
• Sisterhood Chanukah Gift Swap Party
• Spring Closing Event
• Special interest activities and programs
Sisterhood supports our congregation by:
• Sponsoring Monthly Koffee and Kibbitz for Machaneh Shai families
• Honoring our B’nai Mitzvah with a gift of a Kiddush cup or candle sticks
• Delivering Shiva meals to the family of a deceased synagogue member
• Raising funds to support and sponsor special projects and events
Sisterhood supports the community by:
• Supporting the Shearith Israel Shelter through volunteering and donations
• Participating in community service programs such as Bingo at the Breman